Andreas Kindler von Knobloch
Born in Spain 1988, moved to Ireland in 1996. Currently lives and works in between Dublin, Ireland and Portland, Oregon USA.
• BA (hons) Fine Art Sculpture, National College of Art and Design, Dublin Ireland. 2011.
• MFA (hons) Applied Craft and Design, PNCA and OCAC, Portland, OR, USA. 2016.
• In Support, Mermaid Arts Centre, Bray, Co. Wicklow, Ireland. 22 Jul - 3 Sep 2016.
• Ultima Thule, Steambox, Research center for Irish Museum of Contemporary Art, Dublin, May 2012.
• Luminous Flux, curated by Padraic E. Moore, Oonagh Young Gallery, Dublin, March 2012.
• Making Space, West Coast Craft, Fort Mason, San Francisco, CA, USA. November 2016.
• Living Practice, Leland Residency exhibition, PNCA, Portland, OR, USA. November 2016.
• Brute Clues, Curated by Tessa Giblin, Project Arts Centre, Dublin Ireland. 2 Sep - 29 Oct 2016.
• A Fair Land, Grizedale and Irish Museum of Modern Art (IMMA) Dublin, August 2016.
• Limited Time Only, MFA Graduation Show – Portland, OR, USA May, 2016.
• Artist Armada, Grand Canal Basin, Dublin, Ireland. August 2015.
• Making, Bison Building, MFA AC+D, Portland, Oregon, USA. April 2015.
• This Could Fail, Bison Building, MFA AC+D, Portland, Oregon, USA. December 2014.
• Pallas Periodical Review, Pallas Project/Studio, December 2014.
• Resort: A Popular Destination, Pallas Projects, Dublin, Ireland. August 2014.
• Sisyphus Americana (.n), Hoffman LaChance Gallery, St Louis, Missouri, USA. August 2013.
• Miracle on Crofton Rd Street, Group Show Drawing Project, Dun Laoghaire, December 2012.
• Prelude To Nothing, in collaboration with Tom Watt, Curated by David Fagan, The Lab, April 2012.
• New Ecologies of Practice, Basic Space Shop, NCAD Gallery, Dublin, March 2012.
• Pallas Periodical Review, Pallas Project/Studio, November 2011.
• Underground, Basic Space, November 2011.
• 200 Clonliffe Road, October 2011.
• Radical Love II, (Seminar) 8 Seville Place, September, 2011.
• Duality of Change, NCAD Degree Show, June 2011.
• Halfway There NCAD Sculpture exhibition, Basic Space December 2010.
• Radical Love, (Seminar) September 2010.
• 474m2 Sculpture collective exhibition, Kings Inn St, April 2010.
• Leland Ironworks Residency, Oregon City, OR, USA.October 2016
• Resort: A Popular Destination, an Artist led Expedition, Knoydart, Scottish Highlands, March 2014.
• Paul ArtSpace, two month artist in residency program, St Louis, Missouri, USA. Juli-August 2013.
• Winter Resort an Artist-led Expedition, Knoydart, Scottish Highlands, March 2013.
• Bravo Serotonin, The Good Hatchery, Co Offally, 30th Jan - 13th Feb 2012.
• AC+D Fellowship, 2016.
• Arts Council Travel and Training award, 2015.
• Arts Council Travel and Training award, 2014.
• Arts Council Travel and Training award, 2013.
• IMOCA (Irish Museum of Contemporary Art), 2011 Graduate Residency Award
• N.C.A.D Staff Prize 2010.
• Green Planet award 2009.
• TA, Materials Exploration, Nan Curtis, PNCA, Portland, OR. September-December 2015.
• TA, Object Construction and Concept, Ben Ediger, OCAC, Portland, OR. February-May 2015.
• TA, 3D Foundation, Crystal Schenk, PNCA, Portland, OR. September- December 2014.
• Sisyphus Americana, Visiting Lecturer, Washington University, St Louis, August 2013.
• Piezoelectric, Artist talk, University of Missouri St Louis, August 2013.
• Visiting tutor, Fine Art, University of Missouri St Louis, August 2013.
• Quartz, Visiting Tutor, Forest Park University, St Louis, August 2013.
• Exchange Dublin, Visiting Lecturer, Just Mad Art, Madrid February 2011.
• Practice Lecture Series Ormond Studios Dublin 2010.
• Art and Activism, National College of Art and Design Dublin, 2010.
• Change? Visiting Lecturer, Tactic Dublin, 2009.
• Exchange Gallery (founder/curator)
A gallery operating within the walls of Exchange Dublin. Hosting two week shows and residencies. gallery.exchangedublin.ie
• Exchange Dublin (founder)
Ongoing project in Templebar. Exchange Dublin is an all ages collective arts centre run entirely by young people. It has an event space and a gallery and we are currently building a cafe.
• CHANGE? 26-31 January (director)
A week of actions and discussion around the topic of change as a concept. Working with transition year
students from several schools and facilitating discussions. In Project Arts Centre.
• OPW Collective (founder)
Off/ice of Public Works collective is a platform for young artists to get together discuss and make work
and to then display it on the website which is the main platform of the OPW.
• Food not Bombs (founder)
Managed the Food not Bombs branch in Dublin for a year. This is a project that collects food that would
normally be wasted at the end of the day and redistributes it for free to those who need it.
Winner 2nd place Green Planet award 2009.
• Head Technician, Kerlin Gallery, Dublin June 2014-Present.
• Assistant Technician, Kerlin Gallery, Dublin 2014.
• Technician for Mermaid Arts Centre, Bray 2014.
• Contract tech for Irish Museum of Modern Art, Dublin 2014.
• Gallery Technician Temple Bar Galleries + Studio,Dublin 2013-2014.
• Assistant Gallery/Theatre Technician for Project Arts Centre, Dublin 2012-2014.
• Technician for RHA (Royal Hibernian Academy), Dublin 2013 - 2014.
• Artist Technician for Ruth E Lyons, The Forgotten Works, Project Art Centre, September 2012.
• Artist Technician for Sam Keogh, Terrestris, Project Art Centre, June 2012.
•Technician for Pallas Projects 2013-2014.
• Assistant Technician for Davisevents
• Gallery Technician, Monster Truck Gallery, October 2011-2014.
• Exhibition Technican, Dublin Contemporary, Earlsfort Terrace, 17 September 2011.
• Technician Dublin Contemporary, August 2011.
• Technician for Craft & Context Symposium NCAD, April 2010.